- Harry can't stand his stupid Muggle relatives.
- Harry is brought to the train station in some new and exciting way.
- There's a new way for the students to get from the train to the school.
- There's a new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher.
- There's a visit to Hogsmeade.
- There's a visit to some other place outside the school.
- There's at least one Quidditch game.
- Draco Malfoy again demonstrates what a complete and utter asshole
- One or more teachers are unspeakable unjust in their treatment of
- Some new institution of Wizard life is revealed.
- Hagrid gets into trouble with yet another magical creature.
- A new magical room is revealed in the school.
- Some new aspect of the basically corrupt nature of the Wizard government
- Harry's friendship with his buddies Ron and Hermione is strained but
turns out all right in the end.
- By the end of the school term, Harry, Ron, and Hermione have managed
to lose hundreds of points for Gryffindor.
- Harry Potter makes a complete mess of interpreting what was really
going on, yet manages to have something good come of it anyway, and
win all the points back.
- Albus Dumbledore explains almost everything.
- Harry retruns to his stupid Muggle relations a year older and wiser.
- Somehow you get the feeling that even though Harry is attending what
has to be absolutely the worst school in the most backward educational
system, with the meanest teachers and the stupidest school board in
the world, he's actually learning something useful and will turn out
okay in the end.